Samara is an associate at ALG with a broad criminal, constitutional and administrative law practice. She developed her interest in criminal and administrative law while clerking for Justice Louis LeBel at the Supreme Court of Canada. Before joining ALG, she honed her skills as an associate at one of Toronto’s top corporate and commercial litigation boutiques.
Samara earned her law degree from Osgoode Hall Law School, where she graduated with the Silver Medal and numerous class prizes, including awards in Constitutional Law and Criminal Procedure. She has a B.A. in History from the University of British Columbia, where she was the valedictorian. She was called to the bar in 2014.
Samara is determined, client-focused and innovative. She loves nothing more than tackling urgent and complex problems for her clients.
- R. v. Sharma, 2020 ONCA 478
- Reference re Genetic Non‑Discrimination Act, 2020 SCC 17
- Huang v. Canada (Attorney General), 2019 FC 1122
- R. v. Le, 2019 SCC 34
- R. v. Altiman, 2019 ONCA 511
- Groia v. Law Society of Upper Canada, 2018 SCC 27
- R. v. Othman, 2018 ONCA 1073
- R. v. J.C.P., 2018 ONCA 986
- R. v. Finestone, 2017 ONCJ 22